Melissa Caruso, THE OBSIDIAN TOWER (Orbit, Trade Paperback, $16.99)
Tuesday, June 9th at 6:00 pm PST via CrowdCast
Borderlands is delighted to host a virtual book launch with Melissa Caruso for THE OBSIDIAN TOWER, the first novel in her new Rooks and Ruin series! Join us via CrowdCast to meet the author, hear her read from the book, and get your questions answered. You can also order signed and personalized copies from us, either by calling 415 824-8203, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or securely online via Biblio.com using this link.
Here’s the book summary for this thrilling title from the publisher:
One woman will either save an entire continent or completely destroy it in a captivating epic fantasy bursting with intrigue and ambition, questioned loyalties, and broken magic.
‘Guard the tower, ward the stone. Find your answers writ in bone. Keep your trust through wits or war – nothing must unseal the door.’
Deep within Gloamingard Castle lies a black tower. Sealed by magic, it guards a dangerous secret that has been contained for thousands of years. As Warden, Ryxander knows the warning passed down through generations: nothing must unseal the Door. But one impetuous decision will leave her with blood on her hands – and unleash a threat that could doom the world to fall to darkness.
We hope you’ll join us and Melissa for an exciting new kind of event!
Find more information and register for free here:
We’re also excited to be virtually hosting L.E. Modesitt, Jr. (QUANTUM SHADOWS) on Tuesday July 21st, and Kate Elliott (UNCONQUERABLE SUN) and Mary Robinette Kowal (THE RELENTLESS MOON) together on Thursday, July 23rd! Look for more details on those events coming soon.
Book Club Events
The QSF&F Book Club
This book club is for LGBTQ and LGBTQ-friendly people who love reading all kinds of science fiction, fantasy, even a little bit of horror, and anything that could loosely fall into any of these categories.
We meet the second Sunday of every month at 5 pm. We also occasionally have movie nights, get-togethers, dinners, and other fun and exciting events. Please come join our Book Club! We're more than twelve years strong!
- November 10th, 2019: Void Star by Zachary Mason
- December 8th, 2019: Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard
- January 12, 2020: Persepolis Rising by James S.A. Corey
- February 9th, 2020: This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone
- March 8th, 2020: The City in the Middle of the Night by Charlie Jane Anders
The Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Club
This book club usually meets on the third Sunday of every month at 6 pm. Please contact us for more information.
- November 17th, 2019: The Power by Naomi Alderman
- December 15th, 2019: Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold
- January 19th, 2020: La Belle Sauvage (Book of Dust vol. 1) by Philip Pullman
- February 16th, 2020: Senlin Ascends by Josiah Bancroft
- March 15th, 2020: Ice by Anna Kavan
- April 19th, 2020: Pushing Ice by Alastair Reynolds
- May 17th, 2020: A Scanner Darkly by Phillip K. Dick
- June 21st, 2020: Irontown Blues by John Varley